Thursday, November 19, 2009

Redwork Ornaments WIP

I've been working on holiday gifts lately. My husband and I are doing a 12 Days of Christmas thing where we adopt a family (or in our case, two...cause we're gluttons for punishment) and anonymously leave them gifts and little messages and stuff the 12 days leading up to Christmas. One of our families is an older single man who doesn't have a tree or anything, so we're going to surprise him with a little table top tree, a tree skirt, and table runner to match and of course, ornaments for the tree! I wanted to do something really special with the ornaments, so I pulled out my old embroidery hoop and some red thread and searched through a packet of stuff I had acquired from friends and family of embroidery patterns. I found this little set and it just screamed perfect for this particular project. I've been plugging away at them all week and have just started working on number 6 this morning. 6 more to go and that set will be done! I've got another idea of some ribbon ornaments to accompany these, will post the finished product when it's completed! I think I'm having too much fun making these, and might find myself wanting/needing a set for me!


No comments: