Thursday, October 7, 2010

Your Style Rocks!

I've recently discovered this great new website called, Your Style Rocks! Every month they host a themed based contest for you to design your own piece of clothing and then they pick one winner and MAKE the item and provide the pattern for free! How awesome is that?! So I missed out on the past two contests...since I didn't know about the website until today...but entered this months! The theme this month was Sophisticated Skirt. Hop on over and check out their website and the contest submissions and vote for the one you like! (hopefully mine! =P) I'm also posting my submission here with my description for those of you who just wanna see the goods. I know the image is small. Sorry about that. If you check out the website they have a slightly larger version. Enjoy!

This pretty skirt could be sewn in a heavier weight material or a linen. I picture this in my mind more in the linen look, slightly fitted, with a pretty ruffle that just grazes the knee. The flowers on the side should be made of the same material as the rest of the skirt. With these sort of fabric flowers popular at the moment I thought it would be a pretty touch. The waist will not have a band rather it would simply be sewn with a folded edge with the lining so that it flows nicely with the simplicity of the rest of the skirt. I picture a side seam zipper for this skirt. Lace detail could be added above the ruffles for a little more romance.

No comments: